Anglican Benedictine Nuns
- Information about visiting during the Covid-19 pandemic - updated 17th July 2021
- Festal reflections - updated 21st June 2021
- Abbatial Blessing - film of the full Eucharistic liturgy is now available
- The Abbey Bell - 4th May 2021
- The Blessing and Installation of Sister Anne Clarke OSB as Abbess - 4th November 2020
- News Archive
Welcome to the Community
We are a community of women who have been drawn to respond to God's love by living a life of prayer, work, study and hospitality based on the Rule of St. Benedict. In our corporate worship we pray in fellowship with the whole church; in times of solitude and silence each sister responds in her own way to the call to 'Pray constantly'. Through simplicity of lifestyle we express our reverence for God's creation, and our concern and responsibility for the future.
We have residential accommodation for people seeking a silent space for prayer, reflection and rest. We also welcome enquiries from women who feel drawn to the Benedictine way of life and wish to live as an alongsider within our community. For some, this may be part of a journey exploring a life commitment as a nun.
Although you cannot visit us in person at the moment you can share a little of our life in these videos:
- Horarium - a short documentary in which we talk about our calling and the joys and challenges of our life. Directed by Jamie Hughes
- The Eucharist at Malling Abbey, Sunday 22nd March 2020 recorded by St. Augustine's College for their students and any others who would like to share with us
- Vespers recorded on Tuesday 24th July 2018
We host concerts in the Abbey Church as part of the Music@Malling Festival each September. Please visit their website for details.
Heritage Open Days
We run tours of the Abbey for the general public as part of Heritage Open Days. Our next tours will be in September 2021.