Anglican Benedictine Nuns
We are a community of women who have been drawn to respond to God's love by living a life of prayer, work, study and hospitality based on the Rule of St. Benedict. In our corporate worship we pray in fellowship with the whole church; in times of solitude and silence each sister responds in her own way to the call to 'Pray constantly'. Through simplicity of lifestyle we express our reverence for God's creation, and our concern and responsibility for the future.
We have residential accommodation for people seeking a silent space for prayer, reflection and rest. We also welcome enquiries from women who feel drawn to the Benedictine way of life and wish to live as an alongsider within our community. For some, this may be part of a journey exploring a life commitment as a nun.
Heritage Open Days - September 15th and 16th 2018
We run tours of the Abbey for the general public during the Heritage Open Days weekend. Pre-booking is required - please see our entry on the Heritage Open Days website.
We are hosting several concerts in the Abbey Church as part of the Music@Malling Festival in September. Please visit their website for details.
- Nun's Garden in the Snow - March 2018
- Review of the performance of Reger's cello suites by Richard Harwood in the Abbey Church on 22 Sep 2017 (theartsdesk.com)
- An Alongsider's Story - the Second Time (June 2017) - one of our alongsiders reflects on her second visit.
- Change and Continuity: Benedictine Hospitality for the 21st Century (May 2017)
- A Sister reflects on Music @ Malling 2015 (Sep 2015)
- The Solemn Profession in Life Vows of Sister Anne OSB, 16 May 2015