Anglican Benedictine Nuns
We are a community of women who have been drawn to respond to God's love by living a life of prayer, work, study and hospitality based on the Rule of St. Benedict. In our corporate worship we pray in fellowship with the whole church; in times of solitude and silence each sister responds in her own way to the call to 'Pray constantly'. Through simplicity of lifestyle we express our reverence for God's creation, and our concern and responsibility for the future.
We welcome enquiries from women who feel drawn to the Benedictine way of life. For some, this interest may lead to a life commitment as a nun; for others, to a time of living as an alongsider within our community. Both vocations are an expression of our Christian commitment to seek and serve God.
- Review of the performance of Reger's cello suites by Richard Harwood in the Abbey Church on 22 Sep 2017 (theartsdesk.com)
- An Alongsider's Story - the Second Time (June 2017) - one of our alongsiders reflects on her second visit.
- Change and Continuity: Benedictine Hospitality for the 21st Century (May 2017)
- A Sister reflects on Music @ Malling 2015 (Sep 2015)
- The Solemn Profession in Life Vows of Sister Anne OSB, 16 May 2015